Venue: Chamber & Ante Room, 3 Spilman Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1LE. View directions
Contact: Martin S. Davies 01267 224059
DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL INTEREST
No Declarations of Interest were made at the meeting.
The Legal Services Manager briefed all present on the procedure for the meeting and advised the Sub-Committee that an application had been submitted by Mr. S. Davies to vary the premises licence in respect of Notts Bar, 16 Nott Square, Carmarthen, to allow:
Supply of Alcohol:- Sunday to Wednesday 11:00-23:00
Friday and Saturday 11:00-02:00
Recorded Music:- Sunday to Wednesday 18:00-23:00
Friday and Saturday 14:00-02:00
Opening Hours:- Sunday to Wednesday 11:00-23:00
Friday and Saturday 11:00-02:00
The Sub-Committee noted that the following documentation was attached to the report:
· Appendix A – copy of the application
· Appendix B – representations submitted by the Licensing Authority
· Appendix C – representations submitted by Dyfed Powys Police
· Appendix D – copy of the current premises licence
The remaining Responsible Authorities had not made representations in respect of the application.
The Licensing Authority representative referred to his representations, as detailed within Appendix B to the report.
All parties present were afforded the opportunity of questioning the Licensing Authority’s representative on his submission.
The Divisional Licensing Officer from Dyfed Powys Police thereupon referred to his representations, as detailed within Appendix C to the report.
All parties present were afforded the opportunity of questioning Dyfed Powys Police’s representative on his submission.
A representation was received from the applicant in support of his application.
All parties present were afforded the opportunity of questioning the applicant on his submission.
The Sub-Committee thereupon
UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED to retire into private session in order to receive legal advice pursuant to Paragraph 16 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act.
Following the adjournment, the Sub-Committee reconvened to advise of its decision and, having regard to relevant paragraphs of the Licensing Authority’s Statement of Licensing Policy and the guidance issued by the DCMS and the Home Office, it was
RESOLVED that the application for the variation of the premises licence for Notts Bar, 16 Nott Square, Carmarthen, be granted subject to the following;
In coming to its decision, the Sub-Committee made the following findings of fact;
1. The premises was located in an area identified as a crime and disorder hot spot in the Licensing authority’s statement of Licensing Policy;
2. There had been incidents of anti-social behaviour at or connected with the premises;
3. There had been a previous breach of licence conditions at the premises.
4. That the Statement of Licensing Policy ‘strongly recommends’ the provision of drinking up time in operating schedules;
5. The provision of 30 minutes drinking up time was generally accepted as industry good practice;
6. There was currently no provision for ‘drinking up time’ in the applicants licence.
The sub committee attached weight ... view the full minutes text for item 2.